I am looking for personal care for a Woman
Drivers licence required: Yes
Own vehicle needed: Yes
Hours per week:
Full time hours available as well as flexible part time shared role or term time only availability. Availability required 7.45am- 9.15 am and 2.45pm-4.15pm for support with driving school runs to two schools in Worthing, term time only, Monday to Friday. Additional hours support needed between 9.15am-2.45pm for domestic tasks at home as well as occasional support to drive to medical appointments as well as some support after 4.15pm some days of the week to drive the children to activities and meal preparation.
Hourly pay rate:
£10 per hour plus mileage (able to discuss raise after probation period)
I am 36 year old woman who is recovering from recent major surgery in June. I have some variable mobility issues due to Fibromyalgia and ME. I need support with my mobility and domestic tasks as well as driving. I need support to be able to care for myself and my family and in my parenting role. It is essential that you have a full UK driving licence as I need support to drive my children to drop off and collect them from schools in Worthing as well as medical appointments. I have full time hours available as well as flexible part time shared role or term time only availability.
- Laundry, hanging out to dry, ironing, putting away
- Changing bed linen
- Bed making
- Taking out rubbish
- Driving me to go to school and back with my children as well as occasional shopping and support me with my equipment outside the home.
- Making tea for the employer's guests
- Supervision and/or assistance with showering, drying, hair washing/ brushing as required
- Helping with other aspects of personal care as required, for example assisting employer to get changed at swimming pool/gym.
- Physiotherapy exercises at home
- Accompany employer when accessing social and leisure activities, including to swimming or the gym
- Accompanying employer to doctors/hospital appointments when required
- Accompanying when clothes-buying, including help with un/dressing and lifting clothes on/off the rails.
- Accompany on trips out e.g. shops or to see family
- Driving and accompanying to social events such as:
- Accompanying on trips out e.g. the beach
- Accompanying to social meetings eg friends, family
- The above duties will involve driving the employer in the PA’s car, lifting the folding wheelchair in/out of car, when out. Alternatively, I would use my walking stick
- Lifting the folding wheelchair or mobility scooter in/out of car
Non-smoker preferred or someone willing to refrain from smoking during working hours
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK and be willing to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check if required.
Please note, if you are successful in your application for this position you will be employed directly by the individual employer and not Independent Lives. Successful applicants will be entitled to Holiday pay and will be issued employment contracts.
*Exemption for gender is claimed under the Equality Act 2010 Part 1 Schedule 9