Female Personal Care Assistant/ College Support
I am looking for personal care for a Woman
The candidate should be a woman
Drivers licence required: No
Hours per week:
8am-4pm Mon, Tues, Wed, Fri Term time, totalling (32 hours per week) flexibility in school holidays
Hourly pay rate:
£11 per hour
A bright bubbly chatty 20-year-old young lady with learning difficulties who needs support to get ready for college then escorted to college 4 days a week.
Requires support during college day with accessing toilet, tube feeding, following physio plan and general college work as agreed by class tutor.
Escorted back home.
- Putting Clothes away
- Changing bed linen if required
- Bed making
- Tidying up of bedroom & bathroom
- Packing college bag daily
- Supervision and/or assistance with showering, drying, hair washing/ brushing as required
- Help getting into and out of bath/shower as required
- Assistance with applying cream
- General hair/skin care
- Following physio plan during college day – encouraging her to use walking aid, assisting to access toilet, tube feeding (in-house training can be given).
- Driver desirable but not essential as currently uses mini bus to take/from college.
- Mixing with peers at break times and during college day.
I need a PA who can clearly speak the English language to a very high standard in order to support me at College.
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK and be willing to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check if required.
Please note, if you are successful in your application for this position you will be employed directly by the individual employer and not Independent Lives. Successful applicants will be entitled to Holiday pay and will be issued employment contracts.
*Exemption for gender is claimed under the Equality Act 2010 Part 1 Schedule 9