Female Personal Assistant (to start asap)
I am looking for personal care for a Woman
The candidate should be a woman
Drivers licence required: Yes
Own vehicle needed: Yes
Hours per week:
7 – hours 1 day per week, day not yet set, plus cover of holiday hours (2 days per week, Tuesday & Wednesday), at Chailey. This post is to take & support my daughter at the Hub at Chailey Heritage near Lewes. Happy to combine this position with posts DP5675a
Hourly pay rate:
£14.01 per hour plus mileage
Required ASAP – We are a friendly family with 2 cats and a dog in the household. The work you would be doing with our daughter would be based at Chailey Heritage, Nr Lewes so use of your car is required. We are trying to encourage our daughter to improve her independent skills and to try out new activities.
We are looking for a young at heart female personal assistant to support our 21-year-old daughter. She likes creative activities such as art and cookery. She also likes boxing, pampering sessions with pedicures and nail painting.
She can be shy at first until she gets to know you and due to deterioration of her sight and balance, things need to be kept in their place and routines followed. This is also essential due to being on the Autistic Spectrum. She has Wolfram Syndrome, Type 1 Diabetes and a Tracheostomy and uses a wheelchair for when outside.
Our daughter’s Diabetes is well controlled, however on rare occasions she may have a hypo and require blood tests and the appropriate action taken. We would require you to comfort her should she have a diabetic hypo. All training will be given; and you must be prepared to attend training courses as required. A Supra Pubic catheter will be inserted in the New Year. Training will be provided where required.
- Putting any wet clothes in washing machine if at home or on return home.
- You will be required to administer correct insulin dose for mealtimes
- Heat up and serve her a meal and to ensure that she drinks regularly.
- Helping to change incontinence pads
- Personal hygiene
- Helping to check Blood Glucose & administer insulin when required or to treat hypos or hypers.
- Suctioning of Trachy tube as required.
- Ensuring she goes to the toilet regularly/empty catheter
- Go to Chailey & take part in the planned activities for that day
- Do activities e.g. exercise, listen to music, art, manicures etc.
- Reliable, punctual, friendly and flexible
- Happy to work with a young adult
- Happy to lone work
- Trustworthy and willing to follow directions and procedures as per family’s instructions.
- Able to empathise with a young lady losing her sight, her balance, her memory and affected by a rare condition.
- Happy to undergo training as required and preferably have some knowledge about Tracheostomy, Catheter and/or Diabetes care.
- Be like-minded or have similar interests to my daughter
Non-smoker due to medical reasons
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK and be willing to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check if required.
Please note, if you are successful in your application for this position you will be employed directly by the individual employer and not Independent Lives. Successful applicants will be entitled to Holiday pay and will be issued employment contracts.
*Exemption for gender is claimed under the Equality Act 2010 Part 1 Schedule 9