Personal Assistant/ Buddy
I am looking for personal care for a Woman
Drivers licence required: Yes
Own vehicle needed: Yes
Hours per week:
3.5 hours per week. Occasional Saturdays.
Hourly pay rate:
£13.50 per hour
I am a 25-year-old bubbly, creative woman with Down’s syndrome looking for support in accessing social and leisure activities like the gym.
I love fashion, shopping and keeping fit and would like someone who shares similar interests but also someone who can expand my horizons and offer me a broader view of the world through new experiences, activities, and groups.
I would like an active, creative person who can empower me to gain independence.
I require a driver with their own car
- Enabling me to carry out everyday tasks.
- Accompany me when accessing social and leisure activities, including to swimming and the gym.
- Accompanying me to doctors/hospital appointments when required
- Accompanying me on trips out e.g. to the library, the vet, to see family and friends, a walk in the woods, out shopping for fun, attending social events and groups, Chichester college.
- To empower me to discover new evets, trips, activities in broadening my world view by finding, suggesting and encouraging me to try something new.
- Accompanying to social meetings e.g. friends, family
- Provide transport to some social events to ensure my safety.
- Must be comfortable with pets as we a dog
- Non-smoker required due to medical reasons as I have asthma.
Non-smoker due to medical reasons, Vulnerable to the risk of infection and disease transmission
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK and be willing to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check if required.
Please note, if you are successful in your application for this position you will be employed directly by the individual employer and not Independent Lives. Successful applicants will be entitled to Holiday pay and will be issued employment contracts.
*Exemption for gender is claimed under the Equality Act 2010 Part 1 Schedule 9