Female Support Worker/Personal Care Assistant
I am looking for personal care for a Child
The candidate should be a woman
Drivers licence required: No
Hours per week:
Monday-Wednesday during half terms and other school holidays. Hours to be agreed.
Hourly pay rate:
£10.42 per hour
I am looking for a PA to work with my 13 year old daughter.
She is autistic, has developmental issues and wears nappies.
She is able to have basic conversations but needs continuous prompting with tasks.
She loves Thomas the Tank engine and her tablet. She enjoys colouring, painting, jigsaw puzzles, watching traffic and duck ponds.
You would be required to take her out for short walks, to the park or play with her at home.
Some support with personal care tasks is needed.
Experience of working with children with autism would be useful.
You should be friendly, patient, understanding and reliable.
- Tidying up/clearing away after play and art activities
- Support with changing nappies, prompting.
- Support with getting dressed/changing clothes.
- Continuous prompting with tasks/activities required.
- Some support may be needed with cutting up food, eating.
- Support with going out for short walks, to the park
- Support with playing at home, painting, colouring, doing jigsaws.
- Keeping safe/supervised at all times.
- Experience of Autism would be useful
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK and be willing to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check if required.
Please note, if you are successful in your application for this position you will be employed directly by the individual employer and not Independent Lives. Successful applicants will be entitled to Holiday pay and will be issued employment contracts.
*Exemption for gender is claimed under the Equality Act 2010 Part 1 Schedule 9