Female Support Worker/Personal Care Assistant
I am looking for personal care for a Woman
The candidate should be a woman
Drivers licence required: Yes
Own vehicle needed: Yes
Hours per week:
3.30pm-6.00pm Monday-Friday, approx. 9 hours on a Saturday
Hourly pay rate:
£13 per hour
Female Support Workers required for 25 year old lady with Downs Syndrome and learning difficulties.
She lives with her mother in Worthing. She has limited speech but understands English and Vietnamese. She uses Makaton.
She enjoys, music, painting, going to the library, cinema.
Duties will include supporting her to access social and leisure activities at home and in the community and at home e.g. playing games, swimming.
You will also be required to assist/prompt with personal care e.g. showering, washing hair, dressing/undressing, intimate hygiene tasks. Support and encouragement to keep her bedroom tidy, clear up after activities.
You should be a driver with your own car and a non-smoker due to medical reasons
You must also be experienced in working with people with learning disabilities, be patient, firm, reliable and trustworthy.
You will report to the client’s mother who is the employer.
This is a rewarding role with training provided.
- Assisting/prompting/encouraging to keep bedroom tidy and tidy up after activities
- Preparing a sandwich/snack and drink and prompting client to eat
- Supervision and/or assistance with washing/showering – towelling dry/ drying hair
- Assistance with applying cream
- Washing hair, General hair/skin care
- Prompting to use the toilet, changing pads
- Helping with other aspects of personal care as required, for example assisting client to get changed at swimming pool
- Using your own car to take/collect client from leisure/social activities
- Accompany/support for activities such as swimming
- Accompany/support with attending medical and other appointments
- Support with using public transport
- Support with making friends and socialising
- Keeping the client safe and supervised at all times as she has a lack of road awareness and stranger danger
- Whilst on duty at the client’s home, assisting her with playing games, listening to music, doing art activities
- Experienced in working with people with learning disabilities
- Patient and understanding
- Honest and Trustworthy
- Friendly and cheerful
Non-smoker due to medical reasons
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK and be willing to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check if required.
Please note, if you are successful in your application for this position you will be employed directly by the individual employer and not Independent Lives. Successful applicants will be entitled to Holiday pay and will be issued employment contracts.
*Exemption for gender is claimed under the Equality Act 2010 Part 1 Schedule 9