Female support worker (Day and/or Night)
Location: Haywards Heath
I am looking for personal care for a Child
The candidate should be a woman
Drivers licence required: Yes
Own vehicle needed: Yes
Hours per week:
Happy to discuss. Would like various shifts covered from 15:30- 20:30 Monday and Tuesday, 15:30 – 20:00 Friday, 08:00 – 20:00 Saturday. Night shifts 20:00 – 08:00 Friday and Saturday.
Hourly pay rate:
Starting from £13ph. To be discussed
We are looking for caring, fun, confident and compassionate people who can laugh along with Mr Bean, enjoy watching Friends, can initiate activities, have good common sense and a passion to bring out the best in our daughter who has a fantastic sense of humour and loves joining in all activities integral to family life. Our daughter enjoys the company of happy, lively people with outgoing personalities.
This young lady has severe complex needs due to Cerebral Palsy and is trying to live an amazing life, taking into account her additional challenges.
The successful applicant will care for our young girl in her teens who has severe and complex disabilities and a hearing impairment in her family home.
- Complete support to our daughter to undertake all activities of daily living
- Provide personal care and support our daughter with postural management
- Support to engage in leisure activities inside the home and within the wider
- Manage gastrostomy and fluid intake.
- Manage non invasive ventilation ( CPAP) continuous positive airway pressure machine at night.
- Provide quality personal care, whilst maintaining respect and sensitivity to our daughters
- Experienced in caring for children/young people with complex needs.
- Confident about working in client’s own home and sensitive to the needs and wishes of the parents.
- Happy to learn new things and undertake all training offered.
- Patient and tolerant.
- Proactive with an encouraging approach
- Responsible and able to work under own initiative.
- Cheerful, caring with a positive attitude.
- Trustworthy and a good communicator
- Confident with moving and handling
- Must drive and hold a UK drivers’ license.
- Flexible – to cover other care staff shifts to ensure the smooth running of the care team.
Non-smoker preferred or someone willing to refrain from smoking during working hours, Vulnerable to the risk of infection and disease transmission
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK and be willing to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check if required.
Please note, if you are successful in your application for this position you will be employed directly by the individual employer and not Independent Lives. Successful applicants will be entitled to Holiday pay and will be issued employment contracts.
*Exemption for gender is claimed under the Equality Act 2010 Part 1 Schedule 9