Female Personal Care Assistant/ Support Workers
I am looking for personal care for a Woman
The candidate should be a woman
Drivers licence required: Yes
Hours per week:
16 hours per week, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Saturday. Hours can start between 8am and 9am depending on your commitment.
Hourly pay rate:
£11 per hour
I am a warm, caring and friendly lady and I am easy to get along with. I am looking for two patient and understanding female PAs/support workers, who have an upbeat personality and good sense of humour to help bring out the best in me.
I require support with personal care, domestic duties and social activities and I will need encouragement to get out of the house. I would like to find new interests in the local area and would like someone who can help me take the first steps to do this.
My interests are varied including coins, reading, swimming and musical theatre. My family and grandchildren are very important to me and spending time with them is something I love to do particularly in the school holidays. I will need someone to assist me to partake in activities with them.
1 of your working days will be supporting me socially and 1 day will be to cover domestic duties.
All training for this role provided.
- Laundry- all aspects
- Changing and making bed linen
- Taking out rubbish
- Assistance with personal hygiene as and when needed
- Assistance with washing and showering. I try to do as much as I am able but I do need help.
- Assistance with applying cream
- Assistance with medication (some of my tablets have specific times so I will need you make sure I take them).
- Helping with other aspects of personal care as required, for example assisting me to get changed at swimming pool and accompanying me in the pool.
- Driving and accompanying me when accessing social and leisure activities, including to swimming, theatre and appointments. The above duties will involve driving me in my disability car.
- Someone chatty that I can have a laugh with.
- Hygienic and well organised. Due to the nature of my disability, hygiene is very important to me
- Must refrain from involving me in any social media
- You will be required to drive my disability car. There is a hoist in my disability car which my partner can train you how to use.
Non-smoker preferred or someone willing to refrain from smoking during working hours, Vulnerable to the risk of infection and disease transmission
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK and be willing to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check if required.
Please note, if you are successful in your application for this position you will be employed directly by the individual employer and not Independent Lives. Successful applicants will be entitled to Holiday pay and will be issued employment contracts.
*Exemption for gender is claimed under the Equality Act 2010 Part 1 Schedule 9