Female Personal Assistant/Support Worker
I am looking for personal care for a Woman
The candidate should be a woman
Drivers licence required: Yes
Own vehicle needed: Yes
Hours per week:
Monday-Fridays:1.5 hours am (between 8/8.30-10am), 1 hour pm (between 5-7pm), times can be flexible. 3 hours per week Wednesday or Friday (times flexible). The occasional overnight care might be required. Job shares welcome.
Hourly pay rate:
£11.50 Self- Employed PA hourly rate: £14.90
I am a 31-year-old,easy-going lady who loves having a good chat with people and enjoys baking and crafting.
I am looking for a kind and caring PA who I can build a friendship with, but who can still be professional in their role.
I live with chronic pain, bowel disease and other ailments that can cause me to have good days and extremely bad days. I try to manage the best I can and will need someone who can get to know me well and respond to my needs and respect how I like things to be done.
The role will mainly involve supporting me with domestic tasks and some personal care. There may be times I need to get out to the shops or attend appointments, so having a car is important to this role. I need a PA who has a positive outlook, motivating and encouraging me to complete tasks and help me with my admin and paperwork. Training can be provided. Hopefully there will be fun and laughter along the way!
- Laundry: loading and unloading the washing machine, hanging out to dry, ironing, putting away
- Changing bed linen/bed making if required
- Taking out rubbish/recycling, putting weekly bins out.
- Minor household maintenance e.g. changing light bulbs, taking down curtains for washing if required.
- If I am having a bad morning, taking the dog for a walk.
- Motivate and assist with completing paperwork, opening mail, form filling tasks, calendar dates. Metre readings and sending details to companies in a timely manner
- Supervision and/or assistance with showering if having a bad day. Support with getting in and out of shower if needed
- Towel drying legs and feet and drying hair with hair dryer.
- Assistance with applying cream
- Accompanying and assisting me on shopping trips, visiting friends, going out to lunch and other social events.
- Accompanying me to doctors/hospital appointments when required
- Occasional longer journeys
- Accompanying on trips out e.g. to the vets (this is not a necessity)
- The above duties will involve driving me in your car, lifting a portable mobility scooter in/out of car. Taking apart and putting the mobility scooter together (training will be provided).
- Assisting me with my hobbies i.e. baking and crafts
Non-smoker preferred or someone willing to refrain from smoking during working hours
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK and be willing to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check if required.
Please note, if you are successful in your application for this position you will be employed directly by the individual employer and not Independent Lives. Successful applicants will be entitled to Holiday pay and will be issued employment contracts.
*Exemption for gender is claimed under the Equality Act 2010 Part 1 Schedule 9