I am looking for personal care for a woman
The candidate should be a woman
Drivers licence required:
Hours per week:
Sunday 3 hours 09:30-10:30 and 17:30-19:00 (there can be some flexibility with start times subject to mutual agreement) Casual hours to cover other PAs holiday and sickness.
Hourly pay rate:
Female Personal Assistant/Support Worker
I like watching TV, listening to music and using Facebook to keep in touch with friends. I am very independent and manage most personal care tasks myself but will need assistance with some aspects of getting dressed when my arthritis is bad. Sometimes I can struggle with managing my emotions so am looking for a non-condescending and patient PA to treat me as an equal. Some days you may be my only visitor apart from my very friendly cat, so it’s important to sit and have a cuppa (or 3!) and natter.
Tasks will include meal preparation, light domestic chores and personal care when needed. This is a rewarding role with all professional training provided……
- Dressing / undressing
- Medication prompting/administering
- Other relevant duties as required
- Respectful of the employer’s privacy and confidentiality
- Reliable with good timekeeping
- Able to both follow instructions and work on own initiative
- Hygienic, tidy and well organised
- Patient and possess excellent interpersonal skills
- Honest and cheerful
- Able to speak and read English to a reasonable standard
- Must be comfortable with pets
- Able to always work to high standards of health & safety
Non-smoker preferred or someone willing to refrain from smoking during working hours
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK and be willing to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check if required.
Please note, if you are successful in your application for this position you will be employed directly by the individual employer and not Independent Lives. Successful applicants will be entitled to Holiday pay and will be issued employment contracts.
*Exemption for gender is claimed under the Equality Act 2010 Part 1 Schedule 9