I am looking for personal care for a woman
The candidate should be a woman
Drivers licence required: Yes
Own vehicle needed: Yes
Hours per week:
8 hours over the weekend, can be flexible.
Hourly pay rate:
Female Personal Assistant
We are looking for a Personal Assistant to support her to maintain an active social life, and to help with personal care as required. She has Downs syndrome, ASD, is non-verbal and wears a pacemaker. This will be a rewarding role for the right person.
- Dressing / undressing
- Bathroom assistance
- Eating and drinking assistance
- Other relevant duties as required
• Accompanying and assisting employer on shopping trips when required
• Accompany employer when accessing social and leisure activities, including to swimming sessions
- Respectful of the employer’s privacy and confidentiality
- Reliable with good timekeeping
- Able to both follow instructions and work on own initiative
- Hygienic, tidy and well organised
- Patient and possess excellent interpersonal skills
- Honest and cheerful
- Able to speak and read English to a reasonable standard
- Able to always work to high standards of health & safety
Non-smoker preferred or someone willing to refrain from smoking during working hours
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK and be willing to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check if required.
Please note, if you are successful in your application for this position you will be employed directly by the individual employer and not Independent Lives. Successful applicants will be entitled to Holiday pay and will be issued employment contracts.
*Exemption for gender is claimed under the Equality Act 2010 Part 1 Schedule 9