I am looking for personal care for a woman
The candidate should be a woman
Drivers licence required: No
Hours per week:
Up to 25 hours per week flexible on times and days
Hourly pay rate:
South Croydon, UK
Dari speaking Personal Care Assistant / Support worker
I am a 40-something year old lady and very optimistic about life. I need a female personal assistant who speaks Dari to communicate with me as my heath has prevented me from communicating in English.
I enjoy going to the gym every other day, my goal in life is to remain as healthy as possible and I need some help to do this. Tasks will include helping me wash, dress, do my hair and help me to eat. I need some assistance with domestic tasks like cleaning and managing my home while my husband is at work.
The ideal support would be shifts Monday to Friday 10-3 or 10-4 but will consider alternatives for the right candidate, to be discussed. If you can provide any hours during these times I will be happy to consider it. Kindly apply and we can discuss.
- Dressing / undressing
- Bathroom assistance
- Medication prompting/administering
- Personal grooming
- Eating and drinking assistance
- Other relevant duties as required
• Helping with other aspects of personal care as required, for example assisting employer to get changed at gym.
• Accompany and assisting when attending the gym and using gym machines.
• Physiotherapy exercises
- Respectful of the employer’s privacy and confidentiality
- Reliable with good timekeeping
- Able to both follow instructions and work on own initiative
- Hygienic, tidy and well organised
- Fit and healthy to undertake the required duties
- Patient and possess excellent interpersonal skills
- Honest and cheerful
- Able to always work to high standards of health & safety
Must be able to speak Dari as this will be primary language.
Female* due to personal care needs
Previous experience preferred but this is not as essential as a kind and common sense approach to these roles.
Non-smoker preferred or someone willing to refrain from smoking during working hours
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK and be willing to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check if required.
Please note, if you are successful in your application for this position you will be employed directly by the individual employer and not Independent Lives. Successful applicants will be entitled to Holiday pay and will be issued employment contracts.
*Exemption for gender is claimed under the Equality Act 2010 Part 1 Schedule 9