Buddy/Personal Assistant *new rate of pay*
Location: Burgess Hill
I am looking for personal care for a Child
Drivers licence required: Yes
Hours per week:
15 – 18 hours a week, flexible to discussed at interview. Job share available, please apply if you can do any hours.
Hourly pay rate:
£14.00 per hour
I am looking for a buddy/PA to support my 13-year-old daughter, who has undiagnosed Autism.
She is an only child, a vegan, loves animals, has a cat & especially loves horses, the environment and drawing. She also loves cooking, baking, and going out for walks in the countryside.
The role will involve supporting her in the home and out and about, including going for walks, sometimes picking up from school, and being on hand in the house in a discreet way. Sometimes helping with cooking and baking – just for safety.
The person will be able to cope with anxiety by remaining calm and rational and will have a person-centered way of engaging with my daughter.
We live opposite the train station & have a cat.
- Support my daughter with cooking & baking.
- Any other reasonable task.
- Making sure that she feels comfortable and safe.
- She needs tasks and timings really broken down – like a game.
- She exercises morning and night which is very important to her. So, if she wants to cook, then just make sure that she has enough time to do her exercise. If times have to move, then that is fine as long as she is feeling calm and safe
- My daughter is very independent in terms of personal care, however can require some gentle reminding about getting ready in morning and at night – like teeth brushing and face-washing etc.
- Sometimes she doesn’t like to talk and uses texting or gestures to communicate.
- If she feels comfortable, then she likes to chat about specific interests like animals and the environment.
- Maybe drawing with her and playing games if she wants this.
- Watching a TV programme with her.
- Accompanying on trips out e.g walks etc We are next to the countryside, and she loves walking a neighbour’s small dog.
- The above duties will involve driving my daughter in my car, and sometimes taking her to a café after school for a drink, where she can sit and draw.
- If my daughter wants to be in her room on her own, that is fine, she will need gentle checking / supervising in a very hands-off and respectful way, for example every 20 minutes. However, she also enjoys someone being there whom she trusts – like watching tv together or drawing together.
- Making sure that my daughter does not leave the house by herself or if she does want to visit the shop next door, then this should be agreed and timed.
• Calm, supportive, empathetic and able to be hands-on.
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK and be willing to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check if required.
Please note, if you are successful in your application for this position you will be employed directly by the individual employer and not Independent Lives. Successful applicants will be entitled to Holiday pay and will be issued employment contracts.
*Exemption for gender is claimed under the Equality Act 2010 Part 1 Schedule 9