Female* Personal Assistant for 12 month maternity cover
I am looking for personal care for a Woman
The candidate should be a woman
Drivers licence required: No
Hours per week:
Tuesday and Wednesday evenings 6pm – 9pm = (6 hours a week) Alternate Sundays 8:30am – 10:30am (2 hours every other week) Thursday evening 6pm-9pm (3 hours a week). 12-month maternity cover - February 2024 – February 2025.
Hourly pay rate:
£11 per hour weekdays, £13 per hour weekends
I am a lovely, laid-back lady looking for an enthusiastic and hardworking personal assistant. I have MS (multiple sclerosis) and am reliant on a Wheelchair. I am a very easy-going person and really enjoy socialising. This includes going to the Cinema, going out for lunch and to coffee shops. I require a personal assistant who is confident to support me with preparing food as well as assistance to eat, domestic duties and some social support. I would like you to be committed to the PA role, in return I offer a very friendly working environment. Please apply if you are interested and want to find out more!
I am really looking forward to hearing from you.
- Laundry, ironing, putting away
- Loading and unloading the washing machine/ tumble dryer
- Changing bed linen and Bed making
- Taking out rubbish
- Minor household maintenance eg changing light bulbs
- Support with online food shopping
- Making phone calls on my behalf as and when required
- Making tea for the employer's guests
- All my transfers are using a hoist- training will be given
- Catheter care on very rare occasions- only for experienced PA's so not essential
- Accompany employer when accessing social and leisure activities e.g. lunch out, coffee shop or pub
- Accompanying when clothes-buying, including help with un/dressing and lifting clothes on/off the rails if and when required
- Occasional longer journeys
- The above duties will using buses or accessible taxi's.
- Accompany to doctors and hospital appointments as and when required
Non-smoker preferred or someone willing to refrain from smoking during working hours
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK and be willing to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check if required.
Please note, if you are successful in your application for this position you will be employed directly by the individual employer and not Independent Lives. Successful applicants will be entitled to Holiday pay and will be issued employment contracts.
*Exemption for gender is claimed under the Equality Act 2010 Part 1 Schedule 9