Bank *Female Personal Assistant/Care Support Worker
I am looking for personal care for a Woman
The candidate should be a woman
Drivers licence required: Yes
Hours per week:
bank staff required for hours across one weekend a month. Possible additional weekend hours and holiday / sickness cover also available.
Hourly pay rate:
To support a young lady of 43 years with cerebral palsy and epilepsy within the family home and out and about.
We are an easy going, happy, busy family that would love someone similar to support our daughter.
Support would include personal care, mealtimes, watching TV, driving an adapted car and supporting her with her daytime activities.
You will need to be kind, caring and understanding as the day’s routine can change depending on her seizure activity.
- Support with waking & bedtime routines, including personal care> Hoisting and incontinence care.
- Preparing meals and support with eating and drinking including P.E.G. feeding ( full training given)
- Being happy to work as part of a team and also lone work whilst out and about in the community and so that parents have the opportunity to go out in the evening occasionally plus when away 1 weekend per month
- Spend time watching TV with her on later shifts. Support to enjoy time in her hot tub when we do her stretching exercises as well as allowing her time to relax in the bubbles.
- Accompanying and supporting whilst accessing daytime activities for example, shopping, visiting coffee shops when safe.
- Giving medications including rescue meds for epilepsy seizures once you have received full training
- You will need to be happy to undergo other training as required – your time for this will be paid and any travel reimbursed.
- Driving employers wheelchair accessible car, loading/unloading customer in wheelchair and securing ready for travel training can be provided)
- Accompanying on trips out eg to see family & friends, to the garden centre, beach, cinema, craft fairs, local visits, out shopping for fun, attending social events, attending therapies and social groups
- Whilst on duty at the employer’s home watching TV and assisting with craft activities and hot tub
- Pushing the employer’s manual wheelchair when out
- Ideally experienced in working with customer with complex needs.
- Must be able to push manual wheelchair and drive adapted vehicle.
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK and be willing to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check if required.
Please note, if you are successful in your application for this position you will be employed directly by the individual employer and not Independent Lives. Successful applicants will be entitled to Holiday pay and will be issued employment contracts.
*Exemption for gender is claimed under the Equality Act 2010 Part 1 Schedule 9