Manual Handling (theory and practical)
On 27 September @ 9:30 am - 1:30 pm
This is an introductory training session covering moving and handling.
It is designed for those who have a new responsibility for moving and handling people or those requiring a refresher. The course has theoretical work to cover, as well as practice.
What will be covered?
The session will show the attendee how to take care of their back – both in and out of the workplace. After completing this practical training, learners will be able to:
- Understand anatomy and physiology in relation to moving and handling
- Understand the body and what can go wrong during manual handling
- Understand the principles of safe moving and handling
- Understand legislation and agreed ways of working
- Minimise risks before moving and positioning individuals e.g., a risk assessment
- Prepare, position, and move an individual
- Know which moves are now considered unsafe and are no longer used
- Practice the use of hoists and slide sheets
- Know when to seek advice from and/or involve others when moving and handling
Who is this course for?
This training is for personal assistants who are looking to gain essential knowledge to help them with their work.
Fully funded training
This course is fully funded for personal assistants who are employed by an individual employer receiving a direct payment funded by West Sussex or Croydon.
If you are interested in attending the course but do not qualify, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
You must be logged into the website to book places.
27th September 2023
9:30 am - 1:30 pm