Introduction to Autism
On 12 May @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
This introductory session outlines what autism is and common difficulties which autistic people face, including communication and sensory issues.
What will this course cover?
- An introduction to Autistic Spectrum Conditions
- The difficulties Autistic people may experience with communication
- How to support communication with Autistic people
- The sensory processing needs of Autistic people
- How to support Autistic people by reducing, removing or increasing
sensory information as needed
Who is this course for?
This training is for personal assistants who are looking to gain essential knowledge to help them with their work.
Fully funded training
This course is fully funded for personal assistants who are employed by an individual employer receiving a direct payment.
If you are interested in attending the course but do not qualify, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
This session will be held on Zoom and is being run by Aspie Trainers, a team of Aspies (adults diagnosed with Asperger’s Syndrome) who deliver training sessions across Sussex and Brighton and Hove, focusing on portraying what it’s like to live with an ASC (Autistic Spectrum Condition).
You must be logged into the website to book places.
12th May 2023
10:00 am - 12:00 pm