On 20 February @ 2:00 pm - 3:30 pm
Once completed, this training should be refreshed every 3 years.
Awareness training is an important step in addressing the challenges associated with living with dementia. This course will enable you to understand the different types of dementia and cognitive and behavioural changes an individual may experience, as well as giving you the tools you need to communicate effectively.
What will be covered?
- What the term ‘Dementia’ means.
- The different types of Dementia and their signs and symptoms.
- Explain what is involved in ‘living well.’
- Discuss the importance of recognising individuality.
- Discuss how dementia affects person and their support system.
- Understand how to communicate compassionately with those living with dementia and that communication may need to be adapted to support individual needs.
- Understand why a person with dementia may show signs of distress.
Fully funded training
This course is fully funded for personal assistants of adults who receive a Direct Payment (DP) until the funding period ends at the end of March 2024.
However, personal assistants supporting Direct Payment recipients under the age of 18 or Personal Health Budget recipients will need to pay a cost of £40 per person to attend. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
You must be logged into the website to book places.
20th February 2024
2:00 pm - 3:30 pm