On 28 March @ 2:00 pm - 3:30 pm
This training will enable you to increase your knowledge of dementia and how to communicate effectively and compassionately with individuals who have dementia.
What will be covered?
- What is meant by the term ‘dementia’
- The signs and symptoms of dementia
- Differentiating dementia from other similar conditions
- Why early diagnosis is important
- What people can do to reduce their risk of developing dementia
- What is involved in ‘living well’
- The importance of recognising what’s important to people
- How dementia affects the person, their family and our wider society
- How to communicate effectively and compassionately with individuals who have dementia
- Why a person with dementia might show signs of distress
- Responding effectively to people with dementia who have different communication needs
Who is this course for?
This training is for personal assistants who are looking to gain essential knowledge to help them with their work.
Fully funded training
This course is fully funded for personal assistants who are employed by an individual employer receiving a direct payment funded by West Sussex or Croydon.
If you are interested in attending the course but do not qualify, please email email@example.com for more information.
You must be logged into the website to book places.
28th March 2023
2:00 pm - 3:30 pm